The Support Association for Women in Afghanistan (SAWA-NSW) is a member-based not-for-profit Association incorporated in 2010 in NSW as part of SAWA -Australia.
It is an Australia based non-religious, non-political, human rights association.
The objectives as stated in our constitution are:
• raise funds to assist in education ,development and relief projects for Afghan women and children.
• increase community awareness of the needs of Afghan women and children
• encourage women, men and young people to join SAWA-Australia state association
• support the establishment and operation of SAWA-Australia groups throughout Australia
• SAWA -NSW works exclusively with volunteers
• SAWA-NSW supports Afghan women to help themselves
• SAWA-NSW obtains its aid projects from progressive Afghan women's organisations
• SAWA-NSW only employs Afghans in the projects it supports